lunes, 4 de mayo de 2009

Best in my area

Today I'm going to talk about the best in my area.
It is difficult to decide who is the best because they are many, and every one has contributed with something important for the Psychology.
But I decided to talk about Freud because he is the psychologist that introduced a fundamental concept in Psychology: the unconscious. Before his studies, the psychologists thought that we could accede to our mind only with the reason (the conscious).
Well, Freud was a doctor and a neurologist. He is the founder of Psychoanalysis.
He started his studies using the hypnosis as mental patient's treatment but later, he started to use the "free association" and analysis of dreams, that means that people (patient) have to establish connections between what they dreamed and childhood's lived experiencies (for Freud, the childhood is very important because it determines adult's personality).
Just like I said it before, he introduced a new concept: unconscious. It was taken from Nietzsche, Schopenhauer and Hartmann, but Freud gave it a scientific status.
Their concepts (unconscious, unconscious desires, repression, etc) were totally revolutionaries for his times. He proposes a divided mind in levels: yo, ello and superyo; and a fources conflict between our desires and our reason (what I wanna do and what I must do).

I think that he is important because he finished with the taboos and he treated the sexuality in a different way (it is fundamental for his theory, all energy is a sexual energy).

For all this I think that Freud is the best.




Psychoanalysis



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario