sábado, 7 de noviembre de 2009

Well, today I’m going to talk about a new from a webpage: http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/oct/31/david-vann-review-christopher-tayler

I chose it because it was about a book and I like literature so, I wanted to know what new books have been published the last time. One title caught my attention: legend of a suicide by David Vann. Immediately I need to know what the history talks about and with the summary I felt totally shocked. The book is a kind of novel but not completely, in fact, the author of the summary isn’t pretty sure how describes the composition. He doesn’t know if he should say that it is a novel or a memoir, or even both because the narrative’s tone is so confusing and because the life’s author (of the book) is so similar as the book. When people asked to David about it, he said that his book has real and fiction facts.

The importance of the true facts of David’s life is that he based the book in his father’s suicide so through of the book he told us about many experiences that he had to experiment with his father and the effects of this.

The structure of the book is a group of short histories of a little boy called Roy, which told us some parts of his life. Most of the histories talked about the relationship with his father: since he lived with him and his mother, until he broke up with her and Roy has to visit him.

The book has many humoristic facts and the tone of it is a quite ironic, but all this doesn’t rest the shocking effects that histories have. I really would like to read it because it is the kind of weird histories that I usually adore, it is something no conventional.

I expect you take a look to the new and tell me what you think =)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario